The foundation is the most important part of your home. It is what keeps your home stable. That is why when you have a problem with your home’s foundation, you need to have a professional foundation repair as soon as possible. If you ignore small problems, they can become worse over time, resulting in major issues throughout your home and costly repairs.
- Signs that you need a foundation repair
There are several things you should look out for when determining whether you have a problem with the foundation. Look for sloping or uneven floors throughout your home. If you see gaps between your ceiling and walls or decorative molding, that could indicate an issue. You should also look for split mortar and cracks on any exterior walls.
Water damage can also cause problems with the foundation, especially if there is damage to the basement. Look for puddles, leaky pipes, and water stains.
- Different types of foundation repair
There are several different types of foundation repair. The one that will work for you will depend on your home, the issue at hand, and location.
- Concrete piers: This is the traditional form of foundation repair. It is a permanent way of repairing the foundation that uses poured-in-place concrete. The contractor must dig holes in the dirt to place the piers. This method can be costly and will require a lot of cleanup.
- Steel piers: These are a newer type of pier that can be installed in less time than concrete piers and will cause less disturbance to the landscape. This is a very technical method.
- High-density polyurethane foam: This type of repair requires contractors to inject foam into a checkerboard grid in the affected area. It is a quicker form of repair than other methods. It is best to use this option on repairs that are away from HVAC systems.
- Spot piers: Sport piers are shallow piers that are dug by hand and filled with concrete. These are good for areas such as porches.
- Helical piers: These piers are very versatile and work well for external foundation repair and areas such as porch columns.
- Segmented piers: These offer a low-cost foundation repair option for homeowners on a budget.
- When to call a professional
It is important to contact a professional for an assessment as soon as you notice a problem. That way, you can have your foundation repaired sooner rather than later. Not only will this prevent future problems, it will also generally be less costly to fix a minor repair.
Contact the Professionals at Everdry Waterproofing Illinois Today! (630) 769-9300
All waterproofing companies have to make a choice. They can assume an attitude of, “no one’s perfect,” and “the homeowner won’t notice that,” or “close enough.” Or they can do what Everdry Illinois does… and insist on strict standards and absolute precision.
And while waterproofing contractors in Illinois, unfortunately, choose the “close enough” route, Everdry Illinois has committed to the highest standards of service and installation. We always, always, ALWAYS do it the RIGHT WAY.
In addition to our excellent professionals, we have also carefully built a top team of managers and office support people. The office support staff are exceptionally skilled at listening to what you want and then making the right recommendations for your budget and tastes.
The office support people are well-trained to avoid the typical frustrations of “I don’t know” answers. (And if they really don’t know, they’ll get you to the right person). The typical customer service frustrations that are so common nowadays are not the “Everdry way”.